Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sweet Revenge

I've found a new source of motivation for eating better, exercising more, getting fitter, healthier and happier. Its working better than any other type of motivation I've tried before. I've tried the popular ones - doing it for myself, doing it for my son, doing it for my wedding. Nothing special happened. But now, I'm doing it for revenge.


I am struggling with the idea as revenge is rooted in anger, resentment and bitterness instead of the love and peace I want to create in my life. But, the thing is, its working so well.

Every time I start to eat my son's leftovers, to buy a pastry or chocolate, to eat an extra serving - I stop. I stop and say to myself  "I'm not going to give him the satisfaction." That one phrase is enough to make me turn away from the temptation and strengthen my resolve.

I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of becoming a pathetically overweight, unhappy, down-trodden single mum. I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of escape. I'm not going to give him the satisfaction of being happier than me.



No comments:

Post a Comment